Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Nice...Shoes?

I got the best compliment today that I've received in weeks. And with a very flattering boyfriend, that is something not easily said.

Today is TOMS No shoes Awareness Day - Today I was told by a passerby (who was also shoeless) "Hey, I like your shoes!!" We shared a large smile and went on about our day. Awareness days are great, but I've been told "if you are aware...where do you go from there?"

That question made me truly think. My roommate, best friend, and I have tried to do fundraisers for TOMS but they do not take donations (odd, but true.) They receive their money simply by people who purchase their shoes. Which is fair, but how on earth do we help if donations aren't plausible?

For one: GET THE WORD OUT! Safety, Service and Love for others aren't just things you speak about or feel without action - those things are movements only able to be put in action by people MOVING together.

For two: Host a TOMS Design Your Sole party, you can design your own TOMS in party form with friends who also want to change the world! It's a rather cool idea!

For three: BE CREATIVE! The Beatles didn't start a movement by sounding like anyone else but The Beatles. And better yet, Jesus didn't waste his time trying to reach his people the same way other churches and temples did - in fact He flipped tables and set people on their edge.

I love my "shoes" Make an effort and voice your opinion - start moving, even if it is just by not wearing shoes. Don't stop there, everyone makes a difference!!

until next time (:

No comments:

Post a Comment